McAllen Rear End Accident Lawyer
Rear-end accidents are often more serious than people think. Determining liability is not always cut and dry, especially if there are multiple vehicles involved. If you have been rear-ended and seriously injured, consult with a rear-end accident lawyer so the crash can be investigated further, and the evidence can be preserved. Call the De La Garza Law Firm at (956) 533-1426, and begin today with your free case evaluation with an experienced McAllen rear end accident attorney.
How Our Rear-End Accident Lawyer Can Benefit You
- We’ll handle all aspects of your case, from the moment you call until it is resolved.
- Our firm has secured millions on behalf of clients, and understands what it takes to get the results you deserve.
- Initial consultations are free and there are no upfront costs, as we only get paid when you do.
Do You Need to Hire an Accident Attorney in Texas?
If you have been injured in a rear-end accident, it is certainly possible to pursue an insurance claim on your own. However, it may not be in your best interest. Insurance companies work with experienced lawyers whose primary objective is saving the company as much money as possible. Representing yourself can lead to accepting a less than fair settlement offer or not presenting enough evidence to win your claim.
A McAllen car accident attorney will accumulate all accident-related data, including medical information, witness accounts, and police reports to begin putting together a convincing case for you. All with the goal in mind of obtaining the maximum amount of compensation possible, for your medical care, property damage, wage loss, and pain and suffering.
Serious Injuries from Rear End Accidents
Rear-end collisions can occur at high speeds and cause severe injuries, as well as increase the amount of property damage. Common injuries seen in serious rear-end accidents include:
- Concussions and traumatic brain injuries
- Whiplash and other neck injuries
- Shoulder, knee, and/or back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal injuries
Even when a rear-end crash happens at a very low speed, passengers may not be prepared and can still suffer whiplash injuries.
The Most Common Causes of Rear End Accidents
There are a number of reasons for rear-end collisions. In almost all cases, the driver of the rear vehicle is considered responsible if they engaged in:
- Distracted driving (texting, eating, reading)
- Speeding, or driving too fast for the current road conditions
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Driver inattention or fatigue
- Abrupt turn into traffic (thereby preventing the other driver from stopping in time)
- Reckless driving
- Road rage
When a Rear Driver is Not at Fault
Although it is rare, the vehicle which rear-ended you could have potentially done so due to a third party. This includes a mechanical defect, such as brake failure, or a hazardous and preventable road condition. In those cases, liability may rest with the part’s manufacturer or the party responsible for the design or maintenance of a road, rather than the driver.
Additionally, there are other circumstances in which a driver who was rear-ended may be liable, such as:
- Abrupt lane change, making it impossible for the rear driver to avoid a collision
- Making a sudden and unnecessary stop
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Making an improper turn
- Driving with malfunctioning tail lights
- Backing out without looking
- Driving too slow for the current traffic conditions
Contact Our Skilled McAllen Rear End Accident Lawyer
If you have been injured in a rear-end car accident, get in touch with the experienced McAllen personal injury attorney at the De La Garza Law Firm by calling (956) 533-1426 or filling out one of the contact forms on our website. We will evaluate your case for free.