Eagle Pass Personal Injury Lawyer
If you or a loved one have been injured in an accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, you deserve to have your rights protected and your voice heard. Dealing with the aftermath of a personal injury can be overwhelming, from medical bills to lost wages and emotional distress. In these situations, you need an attorney on your side—and De La Garza Law Firm can help.
For years, our Eagle Pass personal injury lawyer has fought for the rights of injured people throughout the state of Texas. If you need assistance navigating this difficult time, our firm will advocate aggressively on your behalf so that you can recover the compensation that you deserve.
Why Choose Our Eagle Pass Personal Injury Lawyer?
- Our founding attorney, Rafael De La Garza, is a tough negotiator who is not afraid to pursue litigation if it is in the best interest of our clients. We will work tirelessly to secure maximum compensation in your case.
- We only accept a limited number of cases so that we can provide personalized, dedicated attention to every client. Our lawyer will take the time to get to know you and your case so that we fight for the best possible outcome on your behalf.
- Our firm charges a contingency fee for our legal services. Under this arrangement, you will not pay any legal fees unless our personal injury attorney recovers a settlement or jury verdict on your behalf.
What Is a Personal Injury under Texas Law?
In Texas, a personal injury occurs when a person is harmed physically, emotionally, or mentally due to the negligence, recklessness, or intentional wrongdoing of another party. Personal injury cases can arise from a wide range of incidents, including car accidents, slip and falls, workplace accidents, medical malpractice, and more.
Under Texas law, the party responsible for causing the injury can be held legally liable for the damages suffered by the victim. These damages can include medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other related expenses.
Types of Personal Injury Claims We Handle
At De La Garza Law Firm, our attorney has helped clients navigate a range of personal injury cases. We represent Eagle Pass residents in several types of lawsuits, including the following:
- Bicycle accidents
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Brain injury
- Burn injury
- Construction accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Negligent security claims
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall accidents
- Product liability
- Rideshare accidents
- Semi-truck accidents
- Wrongful death
- Workplace injuries
- Trampoline park injuries
- Funeral and cemetery negligence
If you are unsure whether your case qualifies for legal action, schedule a free consultation with our firm at (956) 533-1426. We will carefully assess your case, determine whether you have grounds for a lawsuit, and help you take your first steps toward justice.
How Much Is the Average Personal Injury Settlement?
Determining the average settlement amount for a personal injury case can be difficult. The amount of compensation varies widely depending on the specific circumstances of each case. Many factors can influence the value of a personal injury settlement, including:
- The Severity of Your Injuries: The more severe the injuries, the greater the impact on your life and the higher the potential settlement amount. You may require more intensive medical care, spend a longer period away from work, or suffer a long-term disability that requires ongoing treatment.
- The Cost of Medical Treatment: The cost of medical treatment can be a significant factor in determining the value of a settlement, particularly if you require ongoing medical care or rehabilitation services.
- Insurance Policy Limits: The amount of insurance coverage available can impact the settlement amount, as insurance companies may be more likely to settle for the policy limit in cases with high damages.
- Your Ability to Work: The longer that you need to spend away from work recovering from your injuries or receiving medical care, the higher your settlement will likely be. If you are unable to return to work following your accident, you could also secure compensation for the loss of future earnings.
Your attorney from De La Garza Law Firm can help you estimate the value of your potential award. We will explore all potential avenues to compensation and consult with experts, such as medical professionals and life care planners, to determine long-term or intangible costs. Then, we will leverage this information to advocate aggressively for the maximum possible settlement on your behalf.
Benefits of Hiring a Personal Injury Attorney
If you were injured due to another party’s negligence, a lawsuit can help you secure the compensation that you need to recover from your injuries. However, pursuing a personal injury claim can be a complex and daunting process, especially if you are dealing with physical and emotional trauma. In this context, hiring a personal injury attorney can be incredibly beneficial.
First, personal injury attorneys have extensive knowledge and experience with the legal system, including the laws and regulations that apply to your case. They know how to navigate the legal process to help you achieve the best possible outcome for your case, which can be especially important if your case is complex or involves multiple parties.
Second, personal injury attorneys have the skills and resources to investigate the circumstances surrounding your injury, gather evidence, and identify all potential sources of liability. They can work with medical professionals, accident reconstruction experts, and other specialists to build a strong case and establish liability for your injuries.
Personal injury lawyers are often skilled negotiators and can work with insurance companies and other parties involved in the case to secure a fair and just settlement for your injuries and damages. They can help you understand the value of your case and negotiate on your behalf to maximize your compensation.
If your case goes to trial, a personal injury attorney can represent you in court and present your case to a judge and jury. They can use their knowledge and experience to build a strong case and advocate for your rights throughout the trial process.
Contact De La Garza Law Firm Today
If you have been injured due to another person’s actions, you may qualify for legal action. At De La Garza Law Firm, our Eagle Pass personal injury lawyer is dedicated to holding negligent individuals accountable and will work tirelessly to secure the settlement that you deserve.
Contact us today at (956) 533-1426 to schedule your free case consultation and take your first steps toward justice.