Eagle Pass Construction Accident Lawyer
Construction accidents, by their very nature, have the potential to be life-altering events. Whether resulting from equipment malfunction, lapses in safety measures, or other unforeseen circumstances, the repercussions can range from minor injuries to severe physical and financial consequences.
At De La Garza Law Firm, we understand the impact of these dangerous incidents and are dedicated to helping victims seek financial compensation. If you or a loved one was injured in an Eagle Pass construction accident, you can trust our firm to fight for your right to recovery. Contact us today for a free consultation and take your first steps toward justice.
Why Choose Our Construction Accident Attorney in Eagle Pass?
- We consciously accept a limited number of cases to make sure that our founding attorney, Rafael De La Garza, devotes significant time and focus to your claim. This dedication means your case gets the individualized attention it rightfully deserves.
- Our primary goal is to manage all issues concerning your construction accident case. This approach ensures you can concentrate on healing without the added stress of litigation.
- Our firm operates on a contingency fee basis. If we don’t recover a settlement on your behalf, you won’t be charged legal fees.
Common Factors Behind Construction Accidents
Construction sites are complex, often dangerous environments. While rigorous safety measures are put in place to reduce the risks, accidents can still occur due to various reasons.
For example, heavy machinery and tools can malfunction due to defects or improper maintenance, leading to serious injuries. In other cases, inadequate training, poor site management, or overlooked safety protocols can lead to hazardous work conditions.
Other factors that lead to construction accidents include:
- Objects falling from heights, like scaffolding or cranes
- Wet or uneven surfaces without proper warnings or barriers
- Electrocution from exposed wires or faulty equipment
- Collisions involving company vehicles
Because construction accidents often involve catastrophic circumstances, workers can suffer serious, life-altering injuries. These may include brain trauma, spinal cord injuries, broken bones, burns, and amputated limbs. It is critical to seek medical attention immediately after a construction accident to prevent dangerous complications.
Legal Options for Construction Accident Victims in Texas
After a construction accident, you can suffer from significant hardships. You might be dealing with physical pain, emotional trauma, and the weight of mounting medical bills, all while potentially facing an uncertain employment future. These repercussions can ripple through every aspect of your life, from your ability to perform daily tasks to your relationships with loved ones. The emotional toll of being involved in a construction accident, especially if it could have been prevented, can be overwhelming.
In these situations, there are avenues available for you to seek justice and compensation in Texas. There are various options to recover damages, hold negligent parties accountable, and uphold your rights under state law.
Workers’ Compensation Claims
In Texas, most employers are required to have workers’ compensation insurance. This provides benefits to employees injured on the job, covering medical expenses, lost wages, and long-term disability.
Workers’ compensation is a no-fault system, meaning that the injured party doesn’t have to prove negligence to recover compensation. If you were injured in a construction accident while performing your work-related duties, you can file a workers’ comp claim.
Personal Injury Lawsuits
While workers’ compensation offers certain benefits, they might not fully compensate for all losses. If a third party’s negligence caused the injury—such as a subcontractor or equipment supplier—you might be eligible to file a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault person or entity.
In most cases, you cannot file a lawsuit against your employer if you are pursuing a workers’ comp claim. However, there are some situations where you could pursue litigation, such as if your employer fails to carry this coverage despite Texas law.
In these situations, it is important to consult with an attorney. An Eagle Pass personal injury lawyer from De La Garza Law Firm can help determine your legal options and identify your optimal path forward.
Product Liability Lawsuits
If a defective piece of equipment or machinery led to your accident, you might have grounds for a product liability claim against the manufacturer or supplier. These lawsuits argue that the product was dangerous due to a manufacturing or design defect, or lacked proper safety warnings and instructions.
How an Eagle Pass Construction Accident Lawyer Can Help
After a construction accident, you might feel overwhelmed by the medical, financial, and legal challenges ahead. This is where an Eagle Pass construction accident lawyer from De La Garza Law Firm can be invaluable.
Your attorney can provide critical guidance and support throughout your case, helping you navigate the legal process and fight for your right to fair compensation. Some of the benefits of hiring a lawyer include:
- Thorough Case Evaluation: Your lawyer will conduct a comprehensive review of your accident. From evaluating safety protocols that might have been overlooked to recognizing the negligence of third parties, your attorney can determine your optimal path forward.
- Gathering Crucial Evidence: To build your case, your lawyer will gather and analyze all documents that could establish your right to recovery. He will secure site photographs, testimonies from fellow construction workers, machinery maintenance logs, and other site-specific evidence pivotal to constructing a robust case.
- Helping Complete Paperwork: The paperwork involved in construction accident claims can be intricate. Your attorney will make sure that all documentation, from lawsuit filings to workers’ compensation forms, is completed accurately and submitted on time.
- Negotiating with Insurance Companies: With vast experience in construction accident cases, your attorney knows the strategies insurance companies employ. He will leverage his tough negotiation skills to advocate for your right to fair compensation.
- Providing Support and Assurance: Construction accident claims can be lengthy and stressful, especially while you are recovering from a serious injury. Your attorney will provide the support and compassion that you need throughout your case, allowing you to focus on recovery.
Contact De La Garza Law Firm Today
If you or a loved one has been injured in a construction accident in Eagle Pass, you need a construction accident attorney on your side. At De La Garza Law Firm, we are dedicated to providing the legal expertise and support that you deserve. We offer free, no-obligation consultations to discuss the specifics of your case and your options forward. Contact us today at (956) 533-1426 to plan your next steps with our Eagle Pass construction accident lawyer.