Eagle Pass Rideshare Accident Lawyer
With the increasing popularity of rideshare services like Uber and Lyft, accidents involving these services have also become more common. Navigating the aftermath of a rideshare accident can be daunting, particularly with the complexity involved in identifying liability and seeking compensation. In these situations, you need an attorney on your side—and the De La Garza Law Firm can help.
Our Eagle Pass rideshare accident attorney is dedicated to protecting the rights of those injured by negligence. Whether you were hit by a negligent rideshare driver or hurt while riding as a passenger, our firm can represent your case and fight for your right to fair compensation.
Why Choose Our Eagle Pass Rideshare Accident Lawyer?
- Our firm takes on a limited number of cases at a time to achieve maximum results, striving to provide personalized attention to each and every client.
- With a reputation for tough negotiation, our attorney Rafael De La Garza will not rest until you recover. We will relentlessly pursue litigation if necessary to secure a fair settlement in your rideshare accident claim.
- Our lawyer provides objective case evaluations and will work tirelessly to advocate for your best interests, maintaining open and honest communication throughout the litigation process.
Common Causes of Rideshare Accidents in Texas
It’s important to remember that while rideshare drivers undergo background checks, they are not professional drivers. This lack of experience and training can increase the potential for error and serious accidents.
Often, rideshare collisions are the result of driver negligence, such as speeding, distraction caused by phone usage, or failure to adhere to traffic rules. Other times, they can be attributed to external factors like bad weather conditions, poor road maintenance, or the actions of other road users.
Knowing the cause of a rideshare accident is crucial. In Texas, liability in car accidents is based on who was at fault for the collision. By identifying the cause, you can determine your optimal course of legal action.
Who Is Liable for an Uber or Lyft Collision?
Determining liability in an Uber or Lyft accident can be difficult due to the independent contractor status of the drivers. In essence, liability can hinge on the specific circumstances of the accident, whether the driver was on duty at the time of the collision, and the status of the ride at the time of the crash.
Depending on what caused the accident, you could file a claim against:
- The rideshare driver
- The rideshare company
- A third-party driver whose actions cause a collision
- A government entity that fails to maintain safe roads
- The manufacturer of a defective product
In Texas, rideshare drivers are independent contractors, suggesting they work for themselves, not a rideshare company. However, this doesn’t entirely protect these companies from liability. Both Uber and Lyft hold $1 million insurance policies for rideshare accidents, which can supplement the driver’s primary insurance if they were on duty and taking part in an active ride during the incident.
Under certain circumstances, the rideshare company itself may be held liable for the accident. For instance, if a driver with a history of driving under the influence charges, unchecked by the company, causes a crash, victims could bring claims against the company for negligence.
How Much Is a Rideshare Accident Claim Worth?
One of the most common questions surrounding rideshare accident claims is, “How much will my settlement be?” The answer depends on several factors, such as the severity of the injury, the need for long-term medical care, and the impact on the victim’s quality of life and ability to work. The policy limits set by the rideshare company or the driver’s insurance coverage may also impact the amount of compensation that you could recover.
In your insurance claim or lawsuit, you have the right to secure compensation for the financial, physical, and emotional losses that you suffered as a result of the accident. These damages may include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and future earnings
- Property damage sustained in the crash
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Disability accommodations
Do You Need an Attorney for a Rideshare Accident Claim?
Although it is possible to handle a rideshare accident claim on your own, it can be incredibly challenging given the complexities involved. Without legal representation, you may find it difficult to navigate your case and defend your interests effectively.
At the De La Garza Law Firm, our Eagle Pass rideshare accident lawyer can provide a wealth of benefits to strengthen your case and increase your chance of a fair outcome. Some of the advantages of hiring an attorney include:
- Determining Liability: Your attorney will leverage his knowledge and resources to pinpoint the party or parties responsible for the accident. This is a vital step in your journey towards rightful compensation.
- Calculating Compensation: Your lawyer will meticulously evaluate all aspects of your damages, from medical expenses and lost wages to emotional distress, to accurately determine your potential award.
- Negotiation and Trial Support: Your attorney will negotiate with rideshare company representatives and legal counsel, ensuring that your interests are protected. If your case goes to court, your attorney will build a compelling case in your favor and assertively represent your interests in court proceedings.
What to Do If You Are Involved in an Eagle Pass Rideshare Accident
If you find yourself involved in a rideshare accident, prioritize your safety first. Call 911 and seek immediate medical attention, even if you do not feel injured. Document the accident scene by taking pictures and gathering witness information, if possible.
Exchange contact, license, and insurance information with the rideshare driver. If you were a passenger, take screenshots or screen recordings of the app to document the ride’s status at the time of the collision.
After these immediate steps, it’s important to contact a rideshare accident attorney who can guide you through the subsequent legal proceedings. Schedule a free consultation with an experienced Eagle Pass personal injury lawyer as soon as possible to discuss your case and plan your next steps.
Contact the De La Garza Law Firm Today
If you or a loved one has been involved in a rideshare accident in Eagle Pass, don’t wait to seek help. The De La Garza Law Firm can represent your claim and fight for the compensation that you deserve. Contact us today at (956) 533-1426 to schedule your free case consultation and learn more about your legal options.