Corpus Christi Personal Injury Attorney
A personal injury occurs when you experience harm to your mind or body. If another person’s actions are responsible for your injury, you have the right to pursue a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault party in Texas civil court.
If you plan on pursuing legal action, you need an attorney on your side. In these situations, trust the Corpus Christi personal injury attorney can fight for your right to justice, helping you secure the settlement that you deserve.
Why Choose De La Garza Law Firm?
- Our founding attorney, Rafael De La Garza, is a tough negotiator who will not hesitate to take your case to trial if necessary. We are dedicated to securing your maximum compensation.
- Our firm takes on a limited number of cases at a time so we can achieve the best possible outcome for our clients. We will work closely with you throughout your case.
- We take all cases on a contingency fee basis. If we do not secure a settlement in your case, you will not be charged legal fees.
- We handle personal injury cases in McAllen, Edinburg, Corpus Christi and across Southern Texas
What to Do After an Accident
An unexpected accident can feel scary and overwhelming. It can be difficult to know what to do next, but it is important to take steps to protect yourself and seek the help you need.
- First, call 911 and report the incident to law enforcement. Collect the responding officer’s information so that you can find his or her police report at a later date.
- Next, seek medical attention, even if you do not feel injured. You may not be experiencing symptoms yet. Save all records related to your medical care.
- If you are able to move around the accident scene safely, document as much evidence as you can. Take photographs and videos, save physical evidence, and collect contact details from witnesses at the scene.
- Collect contact information from other involved parties at the scene. If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident, ask for their license and insurance information as well.
- Contact a personal injury attorney as soon as possible. Do not speak to any insurance representatives or involved parties until you consult with a lawyer.
Compensation for Accidents and Injuries in Texas
Through a personal injury lawsuit, you can recover two types of compensatory damages: economic and non-economic. Economic damages involve your tangible, financial losses, such as the following.
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earnings
- Property damage
On the other hand, non-economic damages involve the emotional and physical pain and suffering that you endured. Examples of non-economic damages include the following.
- Emotional distress
- Chronic pain
- Permanent disability
- Mental anguish
Types of Personal Injury Cases
A personal injury can arise due to acts of negligence, such as motor vehicle collisions or dangerous property. Violent crimes may also lead to this type of legal claim.
At De La Garza Law, our firm represents clients in a wide range of personal injury cases. Some of the cases that we handle include the following.
- Car accidents
- Bus accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Construction accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Premises liability
- Rideshare accidents
- Workplace injuries
Contact a Corpus Christi Personal Injury Attorney Today
If you believe that you qualify for a personal injury lawsuit, speak to De La Garza Law Firm as soon as possible. We can evaluate your case and help you take your first steps toward obtaining justice. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation with a Corpus Christi personal injury lawyer.