Corpus Christi Car Accident Attorney
An unexpected car accident upend your life, leading to pain, suffering, and financial hardship. Under Texas law, however, injured victims have the right to pursue an insurance claim or lawsuit against the driver responsible.
If you plan on pursuing a claim, trust the Corpus Christi car accident attorney at De La Garza Law to represent your case and help you hold the negligent driver accountable.
Why Choose De La Garza Law Firm
- Our attorney, Rafael De La Garza, is a tough negotiator who is dedicated to securing the highest possible award in your case. He handles car accident cases in McAllen and across Texas.
- Our firm will not rest until you recover. We represent a limited number of cases at a time to achieve maximum results for our clients.
- We take all cases on a contingency fee basis. You will not be charged legal fees unless we secure a financial award in your case.
Why Hire a Car Accident Lawyer?
When filing a car accident lawsuit or insurance claim, you need an attorney on your side. There are several benefits to hiring a car accident lawyer, such as the following.
- Experience handling claims similar to yours
- Knowledge of the litigation process
- The ability to launch a full investigation into your accident
- Access to expert witnesses who can testify on your behalf
- The ability to calculate your potential settlement
- The ability to collect evidence and craft a compelling case in your favor
Steps to Take After a Car Accident
The moments after a car accident can be overwhelming. To protect yourself, take the following steps after the collision.
- Call 911 and report the accident to the police.
- Seek medical attention.
- Collect all pieces of evidence, such as medical records.
- If you can, take pictures and videos at the accident scene.
- Exchange information with the at-fault driver.
- Collect contact details from witnesses.
- Contact a Corpus Christi car accident lawyer to discuss your case
Causes of Texas Car Accidents
There are many factors that can contribute to a car accident. Some collisions occur due to dangerous weather conditions or faulty vehicle parts. Other accidents arise due to unsafe road conditions or poor visibility.
Many Texas car accidents occur due to the behavior of drivers on the road. Some drivers negligently break the law and drive recklessly, causing serious collisions. Examples of driver negligence include the following.
- Unsafe lane changes
- Driving under the influence
- Following too closely
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Aggressive driving/road rage
- Distracted driving
- Ignoring traffic signs and signals
- Fatigued driving
Car Accident Injuries
Car accidents can be painful and traumatic events. While many victims suffer minor injuries or no harm at all, others sustain severe and debilitating injuries that impact their daily lives.
The following are some of the most common types of car accident injuries.
- Broken bones
- Burn injuries and scarring
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Organ damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Facial injuries
Texas Statute of Limitations
In Texas, personal injury lawsuits must be filed before the statute of limitations passes. If you file your claim after this deadline, the court will dismiss your case and you will be unable to recover a settlement. You have two years from the day of your car accident to file your claim.
Call a Corpus Christi Car Accident Attorney
If you are injured in a car accident, you need a lawyer who can fight for your right to compensation. Contact De La Garza Law today to discuss your legal options with a Corpus Christi car accident attorney.