San Juan, TX Personal Injury Lawyer
Accidents can happen at any time, in any place — including San Juan, Texas. From car collisions to slip and falls, these accidents and their resulting injuries can lead to significant financial, emotional, and physical harm. These damages can be difficult to recover from alone. If you believe someone’s negligent actions are responsible for your injuries, you may be eligible for financial compensation — and the San Juan personal injury lawyer from De La Garza Law Firm can help you seek justice. We have successfully represented Texas residents in their personal injury lawsuits, and we will work tirelessly toward your fair compensation.
Why Choose Us
- We are a full-service law firm dedicated to our clients. Our goal is to resolve all issues related to your case so you can focus on your treatment and recovery.
- Our lead attorney has the negotiation and trial experience necessary to pursue tough litigation. We will not hesitate to go to trial to obtain the settlement you deserve.
- Your personal injury attorney will handle your case from start to finish and will always be available to answer any questions you may have.
How Can an Attorney Help with Your Case?
Personal injury cases can be difficult to litigate alone. Hiring an attorney to help your case can improve your chances of obtaining a fair settlement and supply the necessary resources to investigate and prove your claim.
The personal injury lawyer at De La Garza Law Firm can provide multiple benefits to your case, including the following.
- Access to expert witnesses who can validate your claim, including medical doctors, economic experts, and accident reconstruction specialists
- Tough negotiation skills to handle discussions with insurance companies
- Resources to launch a comprehensive investigation into your accident
- The ability to calculate your potential award and evaluate each offer you receive to ensure you receive a fair settlement
Elements of a Valid Personal Injury Claim
Not all accidents qualify as personal injury. To be eligible for compensation, you must have suffered an injury as a result of another person or entity’s negligence. You and your San Juan personal injury attorney will need to establish four key elements to establish the presence of negligence and your right to damages.
- Duty: The defendant owed you a duty of care at the time of the accident.
- Dereliction: The defendant breached his or her duty of care.
- Direct causation: The defendant’s breach of duty directly caused your injuries.
- Damages: You sustained losses due to your injuries that you can collect compensation for.
Types of Compensation You Can Recover
In a personal injury case, you can claim compensation in the form of damages, or the losses you incur as a result of your accident. You can claim economic damages, or compensation for any out of pocket, tangible losses you sustained. You can also claim non-economic damages for physical and emotional pain and suffering. You may also qualify for punitive damages if the defendant in your case exhibited gross negligence or intentionally reckless behavior.
All of the damages you claim must be related to the accident. Eligible damages may include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earnings
- Property damage
- Emotional distress
- Mental anguish
- Chronic pain
- Loss of quality of life
- Loss of consortium
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Does Texas Limit the Amount of Compensation You Can Recover?
Texas does impose damage caps, or limits, on certain forms of compensation in certain types of personal injury claims. Texas places a car on the amoun of non-economic damages you can collect against a doctor and facilities involved in your case. Regardless of the type of claim you intend to file, your attorney can help you calculate your eligible damages and account for any limits that may be in place. Every personal injury case is different, speaking to a San Juan, Texas personal injury lawyer can give you a better understanding of the compensation you can pursue in your claim.
Contact a San Juan, Texas Personal Injury Attorney
If you are suffering from injuries due to the negligence of another person, you deserve justice. At De La Garza Law Firm, we will work tirelessly to help you recover fair compensation for your damages. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation with our personal injury lawyer. We represent clients in San Juan, Texas, McAllen, Alamo, Weslaco, and throughout the Rio Grande Valley.