Edinburg Personal Injury Attorney
Every year, serious accidents happen throughout Texas — and not all of them are truly accidental. Another person or entity’s negligence often contributes to these incidents, leaving victims with high medical bills, months of lost wages and intensive treatment, and serious psychological distress.
If you are the victim of a personal injury, you have the right to seek compensation for your injuries. The Edinburg personal injury attorney from De La Garza Law Firm can represent you in personal injury litigation, maximizing your potential settlement and helping you find your optimal path to recovery.
Why Choose Us
- Our law firm takes on a limited amount of cases, ensuring that our founding attorney can provide the personalized, consistent attention your case deserves.
- We take all cases on a contingency fee basis, which limits your out-of-pocket costs. You do not have to pay legal fees unless we secure a settlement in your claim.
- Personal injury cases require significant negotiation, and our lead attorney has the tough negotiation skills you need to obtain a fair settlement.
What Is a Personal Injury?
A personal injury occurs when you sustain damage, to your body or to your mind, as a result of another person or entity’s negligence. Most civil lawsuits rely on the concept of negligence; to prove that an at-fault party committed a negligent act, you will need to prove that the defendant owed you a duty of care, breached that duty of care, and directly caused your injuries and damages.
De La Garza Law Firm represents a wide range of personal injury claims across multiple practice areas, including the following.
- Car accidents
- Slip and fall injuries
- Trampoline park accidents
- Motorcycle crashes
- Negligent security
- Pedestrian accidents
- Workplace injuries
- Semi-truck collisions
- Funeral and cemetery negligence
Compensation in Texas Personal Injury Claims
In any type of accident, you can sustain serious injuries that cause a snowball effect of consequences. You may need to pay for medical treatment that your insurance doesn’t cover, or you may be unable to go into work or return to your previous position at all. These accidents can harm your mental health, place you and your family in debt, and reduce your quality of life.
Through a personal injury lawsuit, you can recover compensation for these damages so that you can pay for your necessary treatment costs and restore your quality of life. You can also recover funds to compensate you for the physical and emotional pain and suffering you endured during the accident, also known as non-economic damages.
Common damages in Texas personal injury lawsuits include the following.
- Lost wages and loss of future earnings
- Past and future medical expenses for your accident injuries
- Ongoing treatment costs, such as live-in caregivers or physical therapy
- Transportation to and from medical appointments
- Chronic pain, disability, and disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
In some cases, you may also qualify for punitive damages to punish an at-fault party if he or she committed an act of malice or gross negligence. Speak to an Edinburg personal injury lawyer at De La Garza Law Firm to determine which damages you qualify for and the estimated value of your claim.
Contact De La Garza Law Firm Today
Do you believe your recent accident qualifies for personal injury litigation? Our personal injury lawyer can help. We have the skills, strategies, and resources necessary to evaluate your case, determine your strongest pathways to maximum compensation, and develop a compelling argument for your right to recovery.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation with an Edinburg personal injury attorney. Our firm is available to answer any questions you may have about the case process.