McAllen Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Thousands of pedestrians are struck by cars every year. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), nearly 6,000 pedestrians were killed in traffic accidents across the U.S. during 2017. That averages out to one pedestrian death every 88 minutes. If you or a family member has been harmed in a South Texas pedestrian accident, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact the McAllen pedestrian accident lawyer at the De La Garza Law Firm today and schedule a free case evaluation.
Why Choose our South Texas Law Firm?
- We are committed to helping victims, and their families find justice and the financial support they need after a pedestrian accident.
- We spend time evaluating each case individually and will give you honest straightforward answers regarding your chances of success.
- In just the past 18 months we have successfully handled more than 1200 cases and recovered over $5 million for clients.
Why Work With a McAllen Pedestrian Accident Lawyer?
The aftermath of being hit by a vehicle can be devastating. You may be facing a lengthy recovery and be unable to go back to work right away, if at all. Fortunately, you likely have the right to seek monetary damages from the responsible party. However, the at-fault party’s insurance company will not simply offer up a fair amount of compensation. The insurer’s goal is to pay as little as possible, and with that in mind, may even try to blame you for your injuries. That’s where a South Texas pedestrian accident lawyer can step in. By conducting an independent investigation into your accident, he or she will have the evidence to support their negotiations for a fair settlement. When an insurer refuses to extend appropriate compensation, your McAllen car accident attorney can then take your case in front of a jury to recover your losses.
What Causes Pedestrian Accidents in South Texas?
Sadly, pedestrian accidents are fairly common in South Texas. They are frequently reported to occur, due to:
- Distracted drivers
- Motorists or bicyclists failing to yield the right of way to pedestrians in crosswalks or at intersections
- Motorists making unsafe or illegal turns
- Motorists speeding through intersections
- Hazardous road conditions, including uneven, broken, or missing sidewalks
- Poor visibility (lighting, foliage, overpass structures)
- Defective parts (e.g. brake failure) or vehicle
It’s also important to note that a pedestrian can be at fault if, for example, they were distracted or crossing the street somewhere other than a crosswalk or intersection.
Recovering Compensation Following a Pedestrian Accident in South Texas
Pedestrians struck by cars often require emergency lifesaving treatment, surgical intervention, and rehabilitation for many months, years, or even their lifetime. Beyond the costs of current and ongoing medical care, there are other financial damages you may have suffered because of the collision that can be pursued. These include lost wages, lost earning capacity, pain and suffering, emotional anguish, and loss of quality of life.
If the pedestrian was a loved one who was killed, a wrongful death claim in McAllen may be filed by the family to recover the following damages:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Medical bills related to the accident
- Pain and suffering before death
- Mental anguish and costs of emotional therapy
- Loss of love, affection, companionship, and consortium
Get Help From a Trusted McAllen Pedestrian Injury Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been a victim of a pedestrian accident, speak to a McAllen personal injury lawyer at the De La Garza Law Firm. We have extensive experience fighting for the rights of injured pedestrians. Call (956) 533-1426 and schedule a free initial consultation today.
“Very good attorney, very honest and he is willing to work with you in any difficult situation. I recommend Rafael De La Garza to anyone in need of an attorney.” – Daniel Cuellar