McAllen Construction Accident Attorney
While no workplace is completely immune to injuries, construction sites are especially dangerous. Not only do construction workers handle heavy machinery, but are also exposed to unstable structures, falling objects, tools, toxins, and working from heights. If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a construction accident, find out your rights by contacting the McAllen construction accident lawyers at the De La Garza Law Firm. We will discuss all available options for compensation in a free consultation.
Why Work With Us?
- We are committed to seeking the maximum compensation for construction accident victims and their families.
- We take a limited number of clients because we believe that each case deserves our full attention.
- We can relieve you of the hassle and stress associated with workers’ compensation and personal injury claims, by advocating for you and allowing you to focus on healing.
How a McAllen Construction Accident Lawyer Can Benefit You
While you are recovering, a McAllen construction accident attorney will:
- Carefully investigate the circumstances that led to your accident and injury to establish fault.
- Determine if your employer adhered to all Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety regulations.
- Seek compensation from all liable parties and/or your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance policy.
- Consult with experts who can analyze your case and determine its worth.
- Negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf and secure all benefits to which you are entitled.
If an insurance company chooses not to cooperate, your lawyer will immediately take your case to court so that you may obtain maximum compensation.
The Fatal Four
The “fatal four” is the phrase used to describe the top contributing factors to deadly construction site accidents. According to the OSHA, those are:
- Falls (39.2 percent)
- Struck by object (8.2 percent)
- Electrocutions (7.3 percent)
- Caught-in/between (5.1 percent)
Although these are not the only causes of fatalities on construction sites in South Texas, they did account for almost 60 percent of all construction worker deaths in 2017.
Commonly Reported Construction Accident Injuries
Any kind of an accident on a construction site can be catastrophic. Workers often sustain:
- Back injury
- Chest injury
- Crushing injury
- Eye injury
- Lost limbs
- Neck injury
- Soft tissue injury
- Spinal cord damage
- Traumatic brain injury
Compensation for Workers after a Construction Accident in Texas
Most employers in South Texas are required to carry workers’ compensation insurance to cover some of the costs when a worker is injured. The benefits will reimburse medical bills and a portion of lost wages. However, that may not be enough to cover all of the expenses that come along with an injury.
Workers may have the ability to pursue compensation through a workers’ comp lawsuit. This would require another party, other than their employer, to have acted negligently or committed a wrongful act that caused the injury. The potential damages can include the portion of lost wages not covered by workers’ compensation benefits, emotional distress, pain and suffering, and more. Contact our McAllen workers’ compensation attorneys for a free case evaluation.
When a worker is unable to survive their injuries, the family may have the right to file for death benefits.
Contact Our Injury Attorneys Today
At the De La Garza Law Firm, we understand how overwhelming it can be after a construction accident injury. Our McAllen personal injury lawyers will help you understand exactly what you are up against and what it will take to successfully navigate your legal matter. Call (956) 533-1426 or contact us online today.