McAllen Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Texas is one of the deadliest states for motorcycle riders. Because of their small size, motorcycles are difficult to see on the road, often contributing to accidents. Additionally, because they have little to no protection against automobiles, victims can suffer serious injuries. If you have been injured or a loved one has been killed in a motorcycle accident in South Texas, contact the De La Garza Law Firm. Our McAllen motorcycle accident lawyer can discuss your case with you, and advise you of your rights. Call (956) 533-1426 or reach us online.
Why Choose the De La Garza Law Firm?
- Rafael De La Garza works closely with his clients, and his track record proves he knows how to get exceptional results.
- We have recovered millions on behalf of clients, and will work to ensure you obtain the compensation that you deserve.
- We carefully select which cases we handle and then service every single one of them with the highest level of care.
How a McAllen Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Benefit You
The more an accident alters your life, the more necessary it is to retain a motorcycle accident lawyer you can trust. A McAllen car accident attorney can deliver you the results you need and deserve, while you recover. He or she will have the ability to conduct a thorough investigation of the motorcycle accident to establish liability, and identify all possible avenues of recovery. After assessing the full impact of your losses and calculating the case’s worth, your lawyer will use this information, and the evidence collected to negotiate a settlement with all parties on your behalf. At that point, if a fair agreement cannot be reached, your lawyer will have been building your case early in the process; and will be prepared to take your case to trial if necessary to secure the best possible outcome for you.
Who is Liable in a Motorcycle Accident?
How or why a motorcycle accident occurs will determine who is liable. When another driver causes your accident or strikes your motorcycle, it is likely because they were careless or made a mistake. Any form of careless driving, even when it is not intentional, is considered negligence. All users of the highway have a responsibility to ensure that other users are kept safe. The main question is, could the accident have been avoided, aside from the negligent act? If the answer is yes, then the motorist that behaved negligently will be liable for any resulting losses. Examples of the most common types of negligence that occur on the highway, are:
- Distracted driving
- Following too closely
- Failing to give adequate room to turn
- Impaired driving
- Failure to observe traffic signs or signals
- Fatigued driving
- Aggressive driving
- Failure to adjust to road conditions
Common Injuries in Texas Motorcycle Accidents
Thousands of motorcyclists are severely injured or killed every year in preventable accidents. Some of the most common types of serious injuries that occur, include:
- Brain injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Neck injuries
- Extensive soft-tissue damage
- Internal organ damage
- Road rash
Victims may be entitled to collecting damages that go beyond the repair or replacement cost of their personal property, and simple reimbursement of medical bills. They may also seek compensation for ongoing care, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost wages and potential future expenses.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics
- 4,985 motorcycle riders were killed in accidents in 2018.
- Motorcyclists are 29 times more likely to suffer fatal injuries than car passengers.
- Drunk driving accounts for one out of three life-threatening motorcycle accidents.
- 45% of motorcycle crashes result in more than a minor injury.
- Motorcycle helmets lower the risk of head injury by 69% and the risk of death by almost 50%.
Contact Our Injury Lawyer Today
If a negligent driver caused your accident, explore your legal options with the skilled McAllen personal injury attorney at the De La Garza Law Firm. We have years of experience handling personal injury claims involving motorcycle accidents. Call us today or fill out our online contact form to schedule your free consultation.
“Excellent service! Always polite, friendly, welcoming, and courteous.” – Liliana Lyke