McAllen Burn Injury Attorney
A serious burn injury can have a lasting impact, as there are few injuries more physically and mentally agonizing. The victim may suffer extensive scarring, emotional turmoil, and severe financial losses. When a burn injury is the result of someone else’s actions, you may be able to pursue compensation for the difficult future ahead. Contact the McAllen burn injury attorney from De La Garza Law Firm today, so we may evaluate your burn injury case, for free.
Why Choose Our South Texas Injury Law Firm?
- We understand how catastrophic a burn injury can be, and while you recover, we will handle all legal matters related to your case.
- When we accept a case, we take on a dedicated interest in seeing that you get the compensation you deserve.
- There are no out-of-pocket legal expenses, until after we secure a recovery on your behalf.
Why You Need A McAllen Burn Injury Lawyer
Recovering from a severe burn injury can be overwhelming, along with all of the financial stress that comes with it. Depending on the burn’s severity, you may be unable to return to work or only able to work part-time. Retaining the assistance of an experienced burn injury lawyer will be imperative to obtaining the compensation you will need. You have the right to recover damages for the following:
- Current and future medical bills.
- Lost wages and/or reduced earning capacity.
- Insufficient workers’ compensation.
- Emotional distress
- Permanent disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship
- Punitive damages (in some cases)
The negligent party responsible for your injury will likely have insurance coverage, but you may quickly find yourself battling over the validity or value of your claim. Invoking the aid of a McAllen personal injury attorney will protect your rights and ensure you receive a fair settlement, even if that means taking your case to trial.
Burn Injury Classifications
There are three classifications of burns:
Damage to only the outer layer of skin, causing redness, swelling, and minor pain. These burns usually clear up in under a week. Sunburns are examples of first-degree burns.
Damage to the outer layer and the layer underneath, causing red and white splotches, swelling, and blisters. Pain can be severe, and if the burn is deep, scarring may occur.
Cause damage into the fat layer below the skin, leaving the area white or black, and results in nerve damage and numbness to the area.
Treatment for burn injuries is determined by the type of burn, severity of tissue damage, size of burn, and area of the body affected. Chemical, electrical, or burns that inhibit your ability to breathe are signs that medical attention is required. However, when in doubt, seek medical treatment immediately. If a negligent party caused your burns, you might have an injury claim in your hands, speak with a McAllen burn injury attorney to discuss your case.
Common Causes of Burn Injuries
There are many traumatic incidents that can cause severe burn injuries, such as:
- Car and truck accidents (vehicle fires)
- Fuel tanker explosions
- Electrical fires
- Faulty or defective products
- Structural fires
- Malfunctioning equipment at a workplace
- Leaking gas lines
- Poor building maintenance
- Scalding water and pipes
- Propane explosions
- L-P gas or liquefied petroleum gas explosions
- Hotel or motel hot water scalds (excess of 120 degrees F)
When a burn injury is caused by negligence on the part of an individual or company, a McAllen burn injury lawyer can help you hold them accountable.
The Consequences of a Serious Burn Injury
One of the most painful types of injuries a person can suffer is a severe burn. In fact, some burn victims are put into a medically induced coma, in order to not have to feel the pain of their first days or weeks of recovery. There is often a lifetime of ongoing physical and emotional issues, including:
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Contractures: the shortening and hardening of muscles and tendons, leading to deformity and rigidity of joints
- Chronic pain
- Nerve damage
- Mobility issues
- Psychological issues, including depression and anxiety
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Request a Free Case Review with an Injury Attorney Today
Speak to a McAllen burn injury attorney at the De La Garza Law Firm to find out your rights and legal options following a burn injury. We are available online through our online contact form or by calling (956) 533-1426. We represent clients in McAllen, Edinburg, and throughout the Rio Grande Valley.