McAllen Slip and Fall Accidents Attorney
A slip and fall accident can have a significant effect on an individual’s life, resulting in serious injuries that require extensive treatment. When a slip and fall injury is a consequence of a hazardous condition allowed by a property owner to exist on their premises, victims may be entitled to compensation. To have your specific case evaluated for free by a McAllen slip and fall accidents attorney, contact the De La Garza Law Firm. Fill out our contact form online or call (956) 533-1426 today.
Why Choose Our Slip and Fall Accident Attorney?
- When you hire our firm, you are hiring our founding attorney Rafael De La Garza. He will personally represent you and will not hand your case off to an associate or paralegal.
- We are a full-service firm built on honest and trustworthy representation, and committed to providing you with assistance in all legal matters while you focus on your health.
- We are skilled litigators and have successfully recovered millions of dollars on behalf of clients.
Why You Need a South Texas Slip and Fall Attorney
If you are badly injured, you may not have the time or energy to handle every aspect of your claim. In order to have the strongest case possible, it will take an investigation to collect compelling evidence and an in-depth understanding of Texas premises liability law. Texas has a stricter standard of proof than many other states, when it comes to cases that fall under premises liability. An experienced McAllen premises liability lawyer will have the resources and the knowledge, both needed to obtain the maximum amount of compensation in your case.
Common Fall-Related Injuries
Slip and falls can cause serious injuries with life-altering consequences, or can even be fatal. Common injuries include:
Traumatic Brain Injury
A mild concussion could resolve itself in a few weeks, but a serious traumatic brain injury can leave a person permanently disabled.
Back and Spinal Cord Injuries
Spinal cord injuries can result in varying degrees of paralysis and loss of sensation below the level of injury.
Brachial Plexus injury and shoulder dislocation are common after a jolt to the shoulder in a fall.
Broken bones are common in the wrists, ankles, and especially the hips. Hip injuries require surgical intervention and hospitalization, and are particularly dangerous for elderly adults.
Sprains and Strains
Sprains and strains often occur in the soft tissue of the legs, ankles, arms, wrists, and hands when a person lands hard in a fall.
When is a Property Owner Liable for a Slip and Fall Injury?
Anyone who owns property in Texas has an obligation to keep visitors safe. However, the degree to which they must protect visitors from harm depends on why you’re there. Visitors fall into one of three categories:
- Invitee: an individual who visits a property for a business purpose. For example, shopping in a retail or grocery store. Property owners owe the highest duty of care to invitees. The premises must be inspected for hazards and potential dangers, and if any are found, they must be corrected as soon as possible.
- Licensee: an individual who is invited to visit a property for non-business purposes. For example, visiting a friend’s home. Property owners are not required to inspect their property for invitees. However, any identified hazard must be fixed or warned of.
- Trespasser: an individual who is not allowed on a property. In this case, owners do not owe a duty of care to trespassers and will not be liable for a slip and fall injury.
A McAllen Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer Can Help
If you wish to pursue damages for your medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, and any other losses related to a slip and fall injury, contact the experienced McAllen personal injury attorney at the De La Garza Law Firm. We can schedule a confidential and complimentary consultation today, call (956) 533-1426.