McAllen Bicycle Accident Attorney
Bicycle accidents can be devastating. Since bicycles are much smaller and lighter than motor vehicles, a cyclist can sustain severe injuries—leading to long-term injuries, lost wages, and more. If you are in a bicycle crash, our McAllen bicycle accident attorney from De La Garza Law Firm can help with your claim. We represent cyclists in their claims against negligent drivers, working tirelessly to secure the compensation you deserve.
Schedule a free consultation with our attorneys by calling us at (956) 533-1426 or completing our online contact form, our team speaks both English and Spanish and represents clients throughout the Rio Grande Valley.
Why Choose Us
- Our bicycle accident lawyer takes on a limited number of cases at a time. We provide our clients with personalized attention throughout each stage of their claims.
- Our firm operates on a contingency fee basis. If we do not recover compensation on your behalf, you do not have to pay legal fees.
- We will handle all aspects of your case from start to finish, allowing you to focus on recovery. Our firm will respond to any questions or concerns you may have during the process.
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents
Bicycle accidents can occur for several reasons. Poor weather, damaged roads, and defective parts may contribute to these collisions. In many cases, however, driver negligence is to blame. Some of the most common causes of bicycle accidents include the following.
- Failure to yield
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Making an unsafe right turn
- Failure to stop at a stop sign or red light
- Distracted driving, such as texting while driving
- Unsafe lane changes
- Drowsy driving
What to Do After a Bicycle Crash
The moments after a bicycle accident can feel overwhelming and disorienting. However, it is important to protect yourself and your future claim.
- Call 911 and report the accident to law enforcement. The officer will create a detailed report of the collision that you can use in your future case.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible, even if you do not feel hurt. Not only is this vital for your safety, but your medical records will form the foundation of your accident claim. Visit the hospital and save all documentation related to your care.
- If you are able, document the accident scene. Take photographs of your injuries, bicycle damage, the other vehicles, debris, and any traffic signs or signals.
- Exchange insurance, license, and contact information with the other driver. Keep your interaction brief and do not say anything about the accident or injuries to the driver.
- If there are witnesses in the area, ask them for their contact information for use in your future claim.
- Seek legal representation. Contact a McAllen bicycle accident lawyer as soon as possible to discuss your accident and how you can recover compensation for your damages.
How Much Is My Claim Worth?
In a bicycle accident claim, you can recover compensation for two types of damages: economic and non-economic.
- Economic damages refer to your financial losses related to the accident. For example, past and future medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, and loss of future income are economic damages.
- Non-economic damages involve the physical and emotional pain and suffering you endured due to the accident. Common types of non-economic damages include chronic pain, emotional distress, post-traumatic stress disorder, and loss of quality of life.
Damages in a bicycle accident claim vary from case to case. If you have very severe injuries, your settlement will likely be higher than a victim who sustained minor injuries. To calculate the full extent of your damages, speak to a McAllen injury lawyer at De La Garza Law Firm.
Contact a Bicycle Accident Attorney in McAllen Today
Are you the victim of a McAllen bicycle accident? You need an attorney on your side—and the McAllen bicycle accident lawyer at De La Garza Law Firm can help. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and learn more about your legal options, call (956) 533-1426 today!