Eagle Pass Car Accident Lawyer
When you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident in Eagle Pass, TX, the aftermath can be overwhelming. Dealing with medical bills, property damage, and the emotional trauma of the accident can take major toll on your well-being. In these situations, you deserve justice—and the De La Garza Law Firm can help.
Our Eagle Pass car accident attorney is dedicated to fighting for the rights of injured people in Texas. Whether you need help filing an insurance claim or pursuing a personal injury lawsuit, our firm will not rest until you recover.
Why Choose the De La Garza Law Firm?
- Our car accident attorney, Rafael De La Garza, is a tough negotiator who will fight relentlessly to obtain a fair settlement. If necessary, he is prepared to pursue litigation to secure the compensation that you deserve.
- We pride ourselves on providing an honest and thorough evaluation of your case. Your attorney will objectively assess the strengths and weaknesses of your situation and develop a strategic approach that maximizes your chances of success.
- We understand the importance of clear and direct communication throughout the legal process. Our car accident attorney will be available to address your concerns, answer your questions, and provide regular updates on the progress of your case.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Eagle Pass, TX
Car accidents can occur due to various factors. Many cases are caused by negligent driving behaviors, while others are a result of dangerous weather, road defects, and vehicle issues. Some of the most common causes of collisions include:
- Distracted Driving: Drivers who engage in activities like texting, talking on the phone, eating, or using GPS while driving can become distracted and fail to pay adequate attention to the road. These behaviors can result in serious accidents.
- Speeding: Exceeding the speed limit is a leading cause of car accidents in Texas. When drivers travel at high speeds, they have less time to react to unexpected situations, increasing the risk of collisions.
- Drunk Driving: Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs impairs judgment, coordination, and reaction time, making it dangerous for both the impaired driver and other road users.
- Reckless Driving: Aggressive behaviors such as tailgating, frequent lane changes, and running red lights can lead to serious accidents.
- A Defective or Improperly Maintained Vehicle: Vehicle defects or a lack of maintenance can cause a driver to break down or lose control of his or her vehicle on the road.
- Weather Conditions: Inclement weather, such as heavy rain or fog, can create hazardous driving conditions and increase the likelihood of accidents.
Texas Insurance Laws and Car Accident Liability
Like most states, Texas follows a fault-based system when it comes to car accidents. This means that the at-fault driver would be responsible for paying for any damages that resulted from the collision.
To uphold this financial responsibility, Texas drivers are required to carry liability insurance coverage. Drivers can purchase as much coverage as they wish, as long as it meets the following minimum limits:
- $30,000 for bodily injury per person
- $60,000 for bodily injury per accident involving multiple people
- $25,000 for property damage per accident
If you were injured by a negligent driver, you have the right to file an insurance claim against his or her policy. However, these policy limits might not be enough to pay for the full extent of your damages. In this situation, you may consider filing a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault driver.
Not every car accident is caused by a driver’s actions, however. If a vehicle manufacturer, government entity, or another third party caused your collision, you could pursue a claim against that party instead.
At the De La Garza Law Firm, our car accident attorney can conduct a thorough investigation into your case and identify the liable party. Using this information, we can determine your legal options and help you choose your best path forward.
Compensation for Victims of Eagle Pass Car Accidents
Being involved in a car accident can be a scary experience. You can suffer from physical injuries that require immediate medical care. The emotional impact of the accident, along with the financial hardships that can accompany it, can be difficult to bear.
By filing an insurance claim or lawsuit, you can recover compensation to help reimburse you for these losses. There are several types of damages in car accident cases, such as:
- Medical Expenses: You can recover damages for the cost of hospital stays, surgeries, medications, rehabilitation, therapy, disability accommodations, and any future medical treatments related to your injuries.
- Lost Wages: If your injuries prevent you from working, you may be entitled to compensation for the wages you have lost as a result. You can also recover any future income or a loss of earning capacity.
- Property Damage: You can secure compensation for the repair or replacement of your vehicle and any other damaged property in the collision. This may include personal electronics, clothing, and equipment.
- Pain and Suffering: These non-economic damages are intended to compensate you for the physical pain, emotional distress, loss of enjoyment of life, and other physical and emotional losses that you suffered in the accident.
Do You Need an Attorney for Your Car Accident Claim?
While it may seem straightforward to handle a car accident claim on your own, these cases can be more complex than they appear. Having an attorney on your side can make a significant difference in your case’s outcome.
Car accident laws can be intricate, and understanding your rights and the legal processes involved can be challenging. An attorney who specializes in this area of law can help you navigate the complexities of your case and advocate for your highest possible settlement.
During insurance negotiations, the company may employ tactics to minimize payouts or deny your claim. An attorney understands these strategies and can protect your interests, negotiating with the insurance company on your behalf and fighting for fair compensation.
If your case goes to trial, having a skilled attorney by your side is crucial. Your lawyer will advocate for your rights during each stage of the litigation process and present your case to the courtroom. Your lawyer will work tirelessly to achieve the best possible outcome in your claim, from consultation to recovery.
Schedule a Free Consultation Today
If you have been involved in a car accident in Eagle Pass, it is important to seek legal guidance to protect your rights and explore your options for compensation. At the De La Garza Law Firm, we offer free case consultations so that you can discuss the details of your case and get personalized advice from an Eagle Pass car accident lawyer.
Don’t wait to seek the representation that you need to recover. Contact us today at (956) 533-1426 or complete our online contact form to schedule your consultation.