Eagle Pass Truck Accident Lawyer
Truck accidents can be catastrophic and life-altering events that can cause severe physical, emotional, and financial damage to the victims and their families. In Eagle Pass, Texas, these collisions are unfortunately all too common. If you or a loved one is injured in a truck accident, you deserve justice—and De La Garza Law Firm can help.
We understand the toll that a truck accident can have on your life. Our Eagle Pass truck accident lawyer will advocate aggressively on your behalf and work tirelessly to hold the truck driver or trucking company accountable for the losses that you have suffered. We will not rest until you recover the compensation that you deserve.
Why Choose Our Eagle Pass Truck Accident Lawyer?
- Our attorney has a deep understanding of federal and state trucking laws, regulations, and standards, as well as common contributing factors of truck accidents. We will leverage this knowledge to craft a compelling case in your favor.
- Our firm knows how to negotiate with trucking companies and their insurance carriers, who will try to deny or minimize your claim. We’re not afraid to take on big trucking companies and fight for your right to justice.
- We understand how painful a truck accident can be. Our firm will handle every aspect of your case on your behalf so that you can focus on healing and recovery, not complex litigation.
The Dangers of Truck Accidents in Eagle Pass
Eagle Pass sits in the middle of a busy highway system in Texas, which sees a significant amount of commercial truck traffic. Compared to the average passenger vehicle, semi-trucks are significantly larger and much heavier. When collisions between a truck and a car happen, they can lead to devastating and life-changing injuries. In many cases, these accidents are fatal.
Some of the most common truck accident injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Facial injuries
- Burns and scarring
- Broken bones and fractures
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
- Emotional and psychological trauma
It’s important to seek immediate medical attention after a truck accident, even if you don’t feel injured, as some injuries may not be immediately apparent. Additionally, your medical records will serve as valuable evidence in a future truck accident claim. Go to the hospital as soon as possible, and save all records related to your injuries and treatment.
Who Is Liable for Truck Accidents in Texas?
Many factors can contribute to a Texas truck accident, from poor weather and low visibility to negligence on behalf of the truck driver, trucking company, or another entity. Texas is a fault-based accident state that requires negligent parties in road accidents to pay for any damages suffered by the victims. If you were involved in a truck collision, you have the right to pursue financial compensation through an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
One of the most challenging aspects of filing a truck accident claim is determining who was at fault. Depending on the circumstances of your case, multiple parties could be held liable in your claim:
- The Truck Driver: If a truck driver’s error or negligent act caused the collision, he or she can be held liable in your claim. Drowsy driving, distracted driving, driving under the influence, and failing to obey traffic laws would all be grounds to file a claim against the driver.
- The Trucking Company: Trucking companies must follow multiple rules and regulations at both the federal and state level. If a company violates these laws and an accident occurs as a result, it can be held liable. For example, hiring unlicensed drivers, pressuring drivers to violate hours-of-service regulations, and failing to maintain vehicles could all contribute to a truck company’s liability.
- A Product Manufacturer: Sometimes, truck accidents happen as a result of a defective component inside the vehicle. If a product defect is the cause of a collision, the manufacturer, distributor, or retailer of that product could be held liable.
- A Cargo Loading Company: Overloading a truck, unevenly distributing the cargo, or failing to secure the cargo properly can cause serious accidents on the road. If improper cargo loading occurs, the company responsible for loading the cargo could be held liable.
- A Maintenance Company: Trucking companies are required to inspect their trucks regularly and order repairs when necessary. If a maintenance company fails to adequately complete these repairs, it can be held liable for any collisions that occur.
An attorney from De La Garza Law Firm can conduct a full investigation into your accident and determine the cause. Using this information, we will help you take your first steps toward justice and file a claim against the appropriate parties.
Compensation for Truck Accident Victims
By filing an insurance claim or lawsuit after a truck accident, you can recover financial compensation for the economic and non-economic damages that you have suffered. Economic damages refer to your financial losses, while non-economic damages involve the pain and suffering that you endured.
Below are common examples of damages in truck accident claims:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and a loss of future earnings
- Disability accommodations
- Property damage
- Chronic pain
- Emotional distress
- Permanent disability
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Wrongful death damages
How an Eagle Pass Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help
After a truck accident, you can feel scared, overwhelmed, and unsure of what to do next. In these situations, you need an Eagle Pass truck accident attorney on your side to fight for your rights and guide you through the legal process.
Our truck accident lawyer can handle all the legal paperwork, filings, and deadlines on your behalf, and advocate aggressively for your rights and justice in court if necessary. He can also negotiate with the insurance companies to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries, damages, and losses. Don’t navigate the aftermath of a truck accident alone—speak to De La Garza Law Firm to identify your optimal path to recovery.
Schedule Your Free Consultation Today
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident in Eagle Pass, Texas, contact De La Garza Law Firm today to schedule a free case consultation. Our firm will carefully evaluate your case and take your first steps toward justice.
Call us at (956) 533-1426 or fill out our online form to get in touch with our Eagle Pass truck accident lawyer and learn more about your legal options.