San Benito Car Accident Attorney
Car accidents are unfortunately common in Texas. Negligent drivers can run red lights, drive over the speed limit, engage with electronic devices, and commit any number of dangerous acts that lead to these collisions.
If you are injured in a San Benito car accident, you deserve justice. In these situations, trust De La Garza Law Firm to help. Our San Benito car accident lawyer can represent your insurance claim or lawsuit and advocate aggressively for your right to compensation.
Why Choose Rafael De La Garza?
- Our attorney, Rafael De La Garza, is a tough negotiator who is not afraid to pursue litigation if necessary. He will work tirelessly to obtain a fair settlement on your behalf.
- Our firm only takes on a limited number of cases at a time so that we can provide you with the dedication and personalized attention that you deserve.
- We operate on a contingency fee basis for maximum affordability. If we do not recover a financial award on your behalf, you will not owe any legal fees.
- We handle car accident cases in McAllen, San Benito, Rio Grande, and across Southern Texas.
What to Do After a Car Accident
The moments after a car accident can feel scary and overwhelming. To protect yourself and prepare for a potential claim, it is important to remain calm, seek help, and document as much evidence as possible.
First, call 911 and report the accident to the police. Collect the officer’s information so you can find the police report, a valuable piece of evidence for your future case.
Then, seek medical care as soon as possible, even if you do not feel injured. You may have injuries that are not showing symptoms yet. Go to the hospital and save all records that are related to your injuries and accident.
If possible, document evidence at the scene of the accident by taking photographs and collecting contact details from any witnesses. Briefly exchange license, insurance, and contact information from the at-fault driver. Then, contact a San Benito car accident lawyer from De La Garza Law Firm as soon as possible.
Types of Compensation from a Car Accident
By filing a car insurance claim or lawsuit, you have the right to recover two categories of damages: economic and non-economic. Economic damages refer to financial losses, while non-economic damages involve your physical and emotional pain and suffering.
You can recover compensation for the following losses after a San Benito car accident.
- Medical expenses for past and future care
- Lost wages during your recovery period
- Loss of future earnings, if applicable
- Property repairs and replacements
- Chronic pain
- Emotional distress
- Mental anguish
Injuries Resulting from a Car Accident
Car accidents can generate significant amounts of force, leading to serious and potentially life-threatening injuries. Common types of car accident injuries include the following.
- Broken bones
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Cuts and bruises
- Internal organ damage
- Soft tissue injuries, like whiplash
If you are injured in a car accident, it is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible. After receiving the care that you need, contact a lawyer who can represent your claim against the negligent driver.
Call a San Benito Car Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one are injured in a car accident, you need a lawyer from De La Garza Law Firm on your side. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation and discuss your next steps with a San Benito car accident lawyer.