Rio Grande City Car Accident Attorney
Car accidents happen every day in Texas. Depending on the severity of the collision, victims can suffer from serious injuries, experience significant financial hardship, and struggle with the psychological impact of the accident. If you are involved in a car accident in Rio Grande City, you may be eligible for an insurance claim or lawsuit.
In these situations, trust De La Garza Law Firm to represent your claim. Our Rio Grande City car accident attorney has the skills, experience, and resources you need to fight for your recovery and secure the outcome you deserve. Call (956) 382-6717 to get started today.
Why Choose Us
- Our firm takes on a limited number of cases at a time to achieve maximum results. Your attorney will work directly with you throughout your claim.
- Our founding attorney, Rafael De La Garza, is a tough negotiator who will not hesitate to pursue litigation in order to secure the highest possible settlement in your case.
- Our firm charges a contingency fee to limit your out-of-pocket costs. We will not charge legal fees in your case unless we secure compensation on your behalf.
Is Texas a Fault or No-Fault Car Accident State?
Like most states, Texas follows a fault-based system when it comes to car accidents. Unlike no-fault states, which require drivers to purchase insurance that pays for their own losses, Texas requires at-fault drivers to pay for their victims’ damages. If a driver causes an accident, he or she is financially liable for losses like medical expenses, property repairs, and lost wages.
To uphold this financial responsibility, Texas requires all drivers to hold the following minimum amounts of car insurance.
- $30,000 for bodily injury liability per person
- $60,000 for total bodily injury liability per accident
- $25,000 for property damage per accident
If you are injured by a negligent driver, you can file an insurance claim and recover compensation up to his or her policy limits. You can also file a lawsuit against the driver if the claim is unsuccessful, your damages exceed the driver’s policy limits, or your attorney believes that pursuing litigation is the right path.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Rio Grande City
After a car accident, it is important to remain calm, seek help, and gather as much evidence as possible.
- First, call 911 and report the accident to law enforcement. Collect the responding officer’s information so that you can find the police report later.
- Seek emergency medical attention, even if you do not feel hurt. Your medical records will be crucial evidence in your future claim.
- If you are able, photograph evidence at the scene such as debris, vehicle damage, visible injuries, and traffic signs and signals.
- Briefly exchange contact, license, and insurance details with the other driver.
- If any witnesses saw the accident, ask for their contact information.
After receiving medical treatment, speak to a car accident attorney at De La Garza Law Firm as soon as possible. Do not speak with any insurance representatives or the at-fault driver before contacting a lawyer. Your attorney can evaluate your claim and help you identify your optimal path to compensation.
Schedule Your Free Consultation Today
Were you injured in a car accident in Rio Grande City? In these situations, De La Garza Law Firm will fight for your right to maximum recovery. Contact us today at (956) 382-6717 to discuss your legal options with a Rio Grande City car accident attorney.